Search questions and answers you're looking for.
[NVR] HDD Replacement Guide for RAID Operations
■ When using a RAID 5/6, mixing HDD with different manufacturers or different capacities is not recommended as a reliability issue.
EX) If HDD capacity is different, it can be operated as below.
- Lower capacity HDD replacement than failed HDD → RAID is not rebuilding.
- Higher capacity HDD replacement than failed HDD → RAID can rebuild. However, it can be operated as much as the HDD capacity that was used before.
1) If the same model cannot be replaced due to HDD discontinuation, we recommend using the same manufacturer and the same capacity.
For stable equipment operation, it is recommended to have the same HDD in stock in advance.
2) If one HDD is replaced due to a failure while using RAID, automatic recovery mode is executed and a recovery action warning is issued.
3) RAID Rebuilding is not possible if more than one HDD fails while using RAID. (RAID 5)
What is the initial password?
HIT :1557The user must set a password of at least 8-digits composed of alphanumeric characters.
Which NVR model supports POE?
HIT :697SRN-1673S/873S/473S support POE as of May, 2017.
I want to know how to setup Motion Recording.
HIT :545If motion recording does not work well, please check the following setups.
I received a warning message "Recording Bandwidth Exceeded."
HIT :310Each NVR has a different recording bandwidth limit. Recording must take place within the bandwidth.
Can I use different setups for Live Resolution and Recording Resolution?
HIT :350They can be set up differently.
Can the POE be turned Off?
HIT :373POE supported NVRs can turn off the POE function.
What is PnP Mode?
HIT :722Before PNP (Plug and Play) was introduced, many users had difficulties in registering and configuring cameras manually.
What is Manual Mode?
HIT :582You use Manual Mode when you register a camera manually rather than automatically (PNP).
Manufacturing & Construction
Leisure & Lifestyle